As we say goodbye to another month, it’s time again to recap the happenings at my personal blog, Superior Realities. Short version: I really like The Secret World.
- Defiance Reviews: “Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go” and “The Devil in the Dark” — Despite my lukewarm feelings toward Defiance, I have decided to press on with the show, but the first two episodes following the pilot do not inspire confidence.
- Cheating on WoW: Neverwinter + WoW Loses 1.3 Million Subscribers — I give my thoughts on the new action MMORPG, Neverwinter, and on the shocking news that World of Warcraft lost over a million subscribers in just three months.
- Review: Defiance, “A Well Respected Man” + New Article — For the first time, Defiance actually impresses me, if only slightly. I also link to a new article by yours truly, on why one would play a massively multiplayer game alone.
- Why the Abramsverse Is True Trek, and Why I’m No Longer a Trekkie — In my most epic nerd rant in months, I go off on the failures of the Star Trek franchise, the douche-baggery of JJ Abrams, and why I no longer consider myself a Trekkie.
- Review: Defiance, “The Serpent’s Egg” + Iconic Video Game Heroes — Defiance takes a turn for the angry as it focuses on Irisa and her dark past. As an aside, I’m starting to think Stephanie Leonidas might make a good candidate to play Leha if there are ever any World Spectrum movies. Also includes links to some of my latest articles, including a list of the most iconic video game heroes.
- New Computer, New Options — I show off my shiny new gaming computer and proceed to nerdgasm over how much more I can do in The Secret World now that it runs properly.
- Review: Defiance, “Brothers in Arms” + Crazy Ideas to Bring Back WoW Players — Defiance continues to slowly claw its way towards quality, and I offer my wildest ideas to get people excited about World of Warcraft again.
- The Secret World: Awaiting Tokyo — Having finished the main storyline in The Secret World, I give my thoughts on the game’s conclusion (which isn’t really its conclusion).
- An Educational Day in The Secret World — One day, I’ll stop lavishing praise on this game. That day is not today. Also, pretty Templar outfits, yay!